How To Prepare Your Top For Quilting:
There are several things that you, the wonderfully skilled or adventurous beginner can do to prepare your top for long arm quilting:
1. Please press both the top and backing.
2. The top, batting and backing should not be pinned or basted together. If they are, I have to remove all of it prior to loading it onto my machine.
3. The backing needs to be about 4-5 inches longer and wider than the top. I need that space for pinning and clamping.
4. The backing also needs to be square. If it isn’t, I can square it up for you for an additional fee. Keep in mind, squaring will need additional fabric, and the end result MUST be 4-5 inches longer and wider than the top. Sooo, if you would like me to square it up, I strongly recommend having the backing about foot longer than your top.
5. When in doubt, call or email for advice. We’re always happy to help!
/* we need to have pictures of each step, if possible*/